1. Generally, makeup can be applied immediately after treatment.
2. Patients should avoid exercise for at least a few hours after each procedure.
3. Patients should avoid direct sun exposure. A sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher should
be used daily throughout the Glycolic Acid treatment program.
4. Patients should wait one day after each application before resuming glycolic acid based
home care products. Patients experiencing irritation should discontinue use of home care
products until skin has normalized.
5. Patients should not use Retin-A® or any similar Vitamin A compound for at least 48 hours
after treatment, unless directed.
6. Immediately after the Vivité® Glycolic Chemical Facial Peel, it is not uncommon for patients
to experience temporary skin dehydration ranging from mild dryness to slight crusting. In
addition, some temporary discoloration may occur.
7. Facial hair should not be waxed for at least 48 hours after treatment.
1 . Skin should be completely acclimated to Vivité® glycolic acid based home care products for at
least two to three weeks prior to the patient’s first treatment.
2. Patients should avoid using clay masks, scrubs, or additional exfoliating agents for at least 48
hours prior to each treatment.
3. Patients should not use self-tanning agents for at least 48 hours prior to each treatment.
4. Patients should not use Retin-A® or any similar Vitamin A compound for at least 48 hours
prior to each treatment.
5. Patients should not undergo a peel procedure if she or he has a breakout of cold sores, fever
blister, or herpes anywhere on the face prior to treatment.
6. The Vivité® Glycolic Chemical Facial Peel procedure should not be performed on sunburned
7. Patients should not have facial hair waxed within 48 hours before treatment.
Like us on !
iuvenis clinic © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 2014